Lecturer in Games Arts & Design
|Salary:||Grade 7 £33,797 - £38,017 per annum|
The University of Gloucestershire’s School of Computing & Engineering is looking to appoint a range of new staff in all areas of the School including data science/artificial intelligence, games, cyber security and advanced manufacturing systems. We are seeking to appoint strong academics to join our dynamic, successful and expanding community. Located at the beautiful Park Campus in Cheltenham, the University is investing heavily in staff and facilities. Student applications are rising rapidly, NSS scores are over 90% and recently we opened our new state of the art Computing labs.
We are looking for engaging and innovative Lecturers and Senior Lecturers to join us and become part of our success story to teach on a range of courses in the School, including BSc (Hons) Game Art, BSc (Hons) Computer Games Design and MSc Games Development starting 1st September 2021. The appointee will need to have excellent communication skills and demonstratable success when working in a team environment.
As the University of Gloucestershire’s Computing & Engineering School grows and develops its range of courses, we have an opportunity for talented individuals with a real flair for teaching and research to join the team as a lecturer
To be considered we are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- You will have recent industry knowledge, ideally with experience of teaching games art or design in Higher Education.
- Be keen to promote exciting learning experiences in the classroom using industry connections.
- You must be student centred and committed to providing support as a personal tutor.
- Have drawing and concept art skills including knowledge of 2d & 3d asset creation using software tools for games.
- Knowledge of the workflows utilised in games platforms, e.g. mobile (Android and iOS), PC or consoles (XBOX, PlayStation or Nintendo) is also desirable.
A key focus for the University is preparing students for their future career. Be part of the future and help prepare the next generation.
Closing date for applications is 2nd July 2021
Interviews scheduled for w/c 19th July 2021.
The University understands the benefits of recruiting a diverse range of people and welcomes applications from under-represented sections of the community.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader, guaranteeing to offer an interview to anyone who meets the definition of disability set out in the Equality Act 2010 and who meets all of the essential criteria contained within the person specification.
Please download and save the Application for Employment Form to your computer. You will need to complete this form as part of the online application process. Your application will not be considered without this form.