Software Engineer (KTP Associate)
|Salary:||Grade 7 £33,863|
An excellent opportunity for a highly skilled recent Graduate Software Engineer to project manage this challenging and interesting Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with G&Z Trading Ltd, under the supervision of Professor Shujun Zhang from the University of Gloucestershire and Dr Jishing Lu from G&Z Trading Ltd.
The overall aim of this KTP project is to Research, Design and Develop a smart e-Commerce system (E-business Hub) to integrate G&Z's own info systems with 3rd party systems in real time. This system will offer significant cost efficiencies and create a Big Data pool offering opportunities to add value to G&Z through retaining/enlarging and opening new markets. It is expected that the system can be used to achieve the operational efficiency and business automation by leveraging cutting edge technology advancements and innovation.
The Software Engineer (KTP Associate) will need to have a wide spectrum of both technical skills and knowledge and business awareness, and will deliver the 31-month project through:
- Planning, coordinating and managing the company’s IT provision
- Liaising with users, senior staff and internal/external clients to define business requirements and system requirements and generate design specification
- Researching, designing and developing a number of smart algorithms for data mining to reduce manual/overhead procedures and thereby automating tasks to achieve cost-efficiency, reliability and production efficiency
- Carrying out system requirement analysis and producing system design specifications
- Coding all units and testing them
- Integrating all units to produce the smart E-business Hub
- Designing and developing various APIS for achieving system integrations between G&Z's information systems and business partners' systems (3rd party logistics service providers and delivery companies)
- Carrying out system alpha test and beta test and improving the system based on the test results
- Training system users and producing on-line users guide
- Launching of the new system & embedding of new technology skills
- Supporting the industrial supervisor to manage the development of a specialist aspect of IT provision suchas user support, network operations, service delivery or quality control
- Working with both academic and industrial supervisors to write a number of academic papers for publication
Closing Date: 26 April 2020
Interview Date: TBC
The University understands the benefits of recruiting a diverse range of people and welcome applications from under-represented sections of the community.
Please download and save the Application for Employment Form to your computer. You will need to complete this form as part of the online application process. Your application will not be considered without this form.