Senior System Developer (Web Systems)
|Salary:||Grade 7 £33,797 - £38,017 per annum|
This is a fixed-term position for 1 year
The University of Gloucestershire are looking to recruit a Senior Systems Developer to join the Application Development and Support Team at Hardwick Campus. The successful applicant will help build capacity with the team to support existing products, and will lead the development of an exciting new workflow product which underpins the development of our academic portfolio. The role will suit candidates with solid experience in PHP development, who are passionate to make a difference and would like to work as part of talented and customer-focused team.
We are looking for a full-stack developer (UX through to DB), with strong organisational and communication skills, and a proven ability to deliver to client requirements. You’ll be working closely with other developers from different disciplines (including those from adjoining systems), as well as the Quality and Reporting Teams.
The successful candidate will:
- Work as a hands-on developer to develop the system, programming in PHP.
- Take business requirements and create a full technical solution for delivery.
- Help develop timelines, and deliver against them within a project lifecycle.
- Develop solutions in line with the University’s technical strategy.
- Support existing systems.
- Where necessary, escalate issues alongside solutions with time frames, risks and efforts calculated.
- Feedback to other members of the team to provide suggestions on code quality.
Required Development Experience:
- Full Web Stack development
- Ubuntu / Debian or Windows Server (2016+)
- MySQL/MariaDB or SQL Server experience
- Apache, IIS or Nginx experience
- Data Modelling (creating normalised schemes to support application features)
- Source Control (Git / GitLab preferred)
- PHP MVC frameworks (e.g. Laravel or Symfony)
- RESTful API use and development (to support data interoperability)
- Developing software that meets Accessibility (e.g. WCAG) and in-house Branding Guidelines
- Full lifecycle of design, develop, test (Unit and UAT) and support
- Agile-lite (SCRUM / Sprint)
- Recent experience in a similar role
Experience of working with in a Higher Education environment is an advantage, but not essential.
The University understands the benefits of recruiting a diverse range of people and welcome applications from under-represented sections of the community.
Please download and save the Application for Employment Form to your computer. You will need to complete this form as part of the online application process. Your application will not be considered without this form.